Location & Surroundings
Storthes Hall Park
We know that accommodation is a key aspect of University life so at Storthes Hall Park we’ve ensured there’ll never be a dull moment. Spend your Monday nights at the Storthes Quiz Night, or on a Thursday de stress with yoga! Practice a new skill by entering the Bake Off, eat all you can at our Man vs. Food or enter another dimension at our virtual reality night! And for party animals our foam party is a guaranteed great night out. If you’re looking for a change of scenery then head to the hustle and bustle of Manchester or Leeds – both of which are just a short train ride away! In addition to The Venue we also have a gym that is completely free for our students and open 24/7, we also run fitness classes through the week.
Living in a town like Huddersfield means that you’re avoiding the steep living costs that you might find in neighbouring cities – saving as much as £50 on your weekly rent!
Distance from the train station:
Nandos – 2 minute walk
ODEON – 15 minute walk
Turtle Bay – 10 minute walk
Good to Know
Morrisons – the Storthes Hall Park bus stops at Morrisons Supermarket once a day making your shopping easier than ever
Wetherspoons – across the road from the University bus stop
Did you know?
- The University of Huddersfield has been recognised as a gold-rated University by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- In 2013, the University of Huddersfield was voted Times Higher Education University of the Year
- In December 2016 the University was voted number 1 in England for professionally qualified teaching staff
- Join a society – The University of Huddersfield has over 150 societies including the Quidditch Society, American Football and Musical Theatre
- Add to your CV – Live at the Storthes Hall Park for 2 consecutive years and become a Social Rep where you’ll be given the opportunity to help shape the student experience
- Watch a Game – Head to John Smiths Stadium to catch a Huddersfield Town game (living with DIGS means you’ll have access to some exclusive tickets)
- Pick up a Revs Card – Pick up a card for £3 and get 241 cocktails, 25% off food and much more
- Mc Noodle King – 241 on Tuesdays
- The Venue, Storthes Hall Park – 241 on Wednesdays
- Icestones – no need for a cinema trip, pick up an Ice Blast at Icestones