We are the University of Huddersfield’s only approved, recommended and preferred provider of student accommodation and guarantee students a place in accommodation. We will guarantee you a room if you have made the University of Huddersfield your firm choice and match any of the criteria below:
- UK, EU, or International student.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate student.
- Part time or full-time student.
- Study Abroad exchange student from an institution outside of Europe arriving in September.
- Study Abroad non-exchange student from an institution anywhere in the world arriving in September.
- International Foundation Programme student.
AND who meet all the following terms:
- You have chosen the University of Huddersfield as your firm choice on UCAS by 31 August of the year of entry to the University.
- You have applied for accommodation by 31 August of the year of entry.
- You are unaccompanied (this means that you are coming without dependent family members, spouses, or partners).
This guarantee is not for a particular room and we cannot guarantee that you will be allocated to your preferred room. Please note that dependent on availability, we may offer you a room that is not at Storthes Hall Park, but is in Huddersfield.
What if I don’t apply by 31 Aug?
If you can’t meet the 31 August deadline, let DIGS know and they can advise you of what is still available. We may need to offer you temporary accommodation until a more suitable, permanent room is available.
Do you provide accommodation for couples and families?
We always try our best to accommodate students with partners, however this option isn’t always possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children or non-students. Please contact HudLets at the Students Union, who can help couples and families to find private housing.
What if I book accommodation but don’t get a place at University of Huddersfield?
If the University of Huddersfield is your firm UCAS choice and you don’t achieve the grades needed to get a place to study, then we will release you from your contract under our No Place No Pay policy.