It’s Dry January time! After the festive period your liver deserves a break! Not to mention that you are strapped for cash, so you can’t enjoy nights out to the full potential. Well why not take part in dry January, where you can let your body detox for a month. You can still have gatherings and friends over for a chat but why not replace your normally alcohol beverage with some of these?
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- A bunch of mint
- 1 litre of pomegranate juice
- 50ml of lemonade
- 2 limes
- A day in advance, freeze the pomegranate sees in ice cubes
- Save half of the mint and put aside for later use. With the other half tear up and place into a jug. Bask a lime and mint with a rolling pin to release the flavours.
- Pour the pomegranate juice and lemonade into the jug and stir.
- Strain whilst pouring and garnish with mint springs and a wedge of lime.
- 100g of cranberry
- 100ml cranberry juice
- 500ml of blood orange juice
- 1 lime to juice
- 600ml Appletiser sparkling apple
- Freeze the cranberry’s into ice cubes so they reveal when the ice melts.
- Pour together in a jug cranberry juice, lime juice and blood orange juice.
- When serving put ice cubes in the glass and pour into glass. Pour ¾ of the glass with the mixture from the jug and fill the rest of the glass with Appletiser. Finally garnish with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.
Zingy blackcurrant lemonade
- 2 lemons (de seeded and cut into quarters)
- 150g punnet blackberries
- 50g icing sugar
- Mint sprig
- Sparkling water
- Put the lemons, blackberries, mint leaves, icing sugar and 200ml of water into a food processor/blender. Blitz until everything is finely chopped and juiced (it is up to you hoe smooth you want it).
- Strain through a fine sieve, bottle and chill until ready to drink. Will keep for up to a week. Top up with an equal measure of chilled sparkling water.
- Finally enjoy your drink!
Orange and Cranberry Spritz
- 500ml Smooth Orange juice
- 500ml Smooth cranberry juice
- 400ml sparkling elderflower
- There is only one step for this and that is to mix all the ingredient together equally then serve chilled on ice. Enjoy!