- 1 butternut squash (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 2 mild red chillies
- Vegetable stock cube
- Preheat oven to 180˚c. Cut the butternut squash into square pieces and roast and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the squash for 30 minutes untill it becomes soft.
- Whilst the squash is roasting, melt the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Add the thin slices of garlic and 2 deseeded red chillies.
- Cover the saucepan and cook on a low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven and put into the sauce pan with 850ml of water and a vegetable stock cube.
- Blend all the ingredients together until the viscosity is smooth. Serve up hot and enjoy your soup!
Chicken noodle soup
- Chicken breast
- 900ml of water
- Vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 50g of wheat or rice noodles
- 2 spring onions (shredded)
- Basil leaves & shredded chilli
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2/3 mushrooms
- Pour 900ml of water in a pan with the vegetable/chicken stock cube. Mix in the chicken breast and the finely chopped garlic.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cover. When the mixture is brought to a boil turn the temp down to allow the mixture to simmer. Make sure the chicken is tender before moving on to the next step.
- With 2 forks shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Return the chicken to the mixture and add 2/3 chopped mushrooms, 2 shredded spring onions, the wheat/rice noodles and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with basil leaves. Finally, you can enjoy your oriental noodle soup.
Carrot and coriander soup
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 potato (chopped)
- 450g of carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1.2L of chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of coriander
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Fry the chopped onions until they are soft.
- Add the chopped potato and the coriander and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and 1.2L of stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the temp and allow to simmer.
- Cover the mixture and allow the carrots to become tender through cooking. It should take roughly about 20 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredient together until the mixture is smooth in viscosity. Then serve into bowls and enjoy!