So, for 2021 people are going vegan for January! We want your vegan experience to be fun and filled with flavour. Here are 3 delicious recipes that are completely vegan that you can make for Vegan January.
- Tin of chickpeas
- Small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- A lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas and peel the garlic.
- Put the chickpeas and garlic into a food blender. Squeeze the lemon into the mixture and ad a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Start to blend and keep an eye on the viscosity of the blend, if it gets too thick add some water to loosen the mixture.
- Serve in a bowl with crunchy veg such as carrots, cucumbers and peppers.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- Sweet onions
- Olive or coconut oil
- 2 &1/2 cups of water or vegetable broth
- Peel the onions, garlic and butternut squash. De-seed the butternut squash and dice, as well as dicing the onion. Preheat oven at 400˚c.
- Before making these ingredients into a soup you are going to need to roast the butternut squash, onions and garlic together. Roast in the oven at 400˚c for 40 minutes so the squash is fork-tender.
- To make the soup you need either a submersion blender or a food blender. Take the veggies out of the oven and you can either place in a food blender with the water/vegetable broth and blend until it is creamy and smooth, or you can place the vegetables in a pan with the water/vegetable broth and use the submersion blender until it becomes creamy.
- Serve up hot by either boiling on a pan till the mixture is bubbling or place in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Satay Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or grated)
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
- 500g of sweet potato (Chopped)
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 200g of spinach
- Lime Juice
- Cooked rice
- In a frying pan put one tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat. Fry the onions for 5 minutes so they become soft. Add 2 grated/crushed garlic into the pan. And then cook for a further one minute.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into the pan. Add the sweet potatoes into the frying and continue to cook for a further 1 minute. Now add 400ml of coconut milk and 200ml of water.
- When the mixture begins to boil turn the temperature down and let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be soft.
- Add the 200g of spinach and a drizzle of lime juice and give one last stir.
- Finally, serve up onto a bed of rice of your choice and enjoy!