National Peanut Butter Day!
We all know that peanut butter is a favourite amongst the American treats and with today being International Peanut Butter Day (24.01.18) it’s only right that we share some mouth-watering recipes.
Peanut butter brownies
- 3 medium eggs
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 280g of light brown sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 200g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Put aside 50g of peanut butter & 50g of dark chocolate to use later. Line your baking tray with baking paper then in a pan add the peanut butter, dark chocolate (excluding the bits that you have put aside) and brown sugar. Gently stir the mixture until the sugar has melted into the mixture.
- Beat each egg into the mixture one at a time using a wooden spoon. Stir the flour into the mixture until you have a smooth consistency. Now scrape the mixture into the baking tray ready to be baked.
- Bake the brownies for roughly 30 minutes. The brownie should have a nice crust on the top layer. Before you remove it from the oven, melt the remaining peanut butter and chocolate (separately) in the microwave. Take the brownie out then drizzle the melted peanut butter and dark chocolate over the baked brownie.
- Cut into pieces and serve. Serve with vanilla ice-cream if preferred.
Peanut butter cookies
- 200g peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 175g golden casting sugar
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the casting sugar, a pinch of salt and peanut butter into a bowl and stir together. Then add the egg into the mixture and stir again. Keep mixing until the mixture forms a dough.
- Make cherry sized balls out of dough and shape them into cookies then place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden, then leave to stand for 10 minutes. After they have cooled down you can make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!
- 240g self-raising flour
- 140g golden casting sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 240g egg free mayonnaise
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 80g vegan margarine (icing)
- 250g icing sugar (icing)
- 25ml almond milk (icing)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 170˚C. You can use either muffin tins or cupcake cases. If you use muffin tins be sure to grease or line your muffin tin. In a bowl mix bicarbonate soda, flour and sugar. In a separate bowl mix mashed banana, vanilla extract and the vegan mayonnaise. Combine the wet and dry mixtures together and stir. Caution do not stir too much as it can make the cupcakes heavy.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins/cupcake cases remembering to leave space for them to rise when baking. Bake for 20 minutes. When the cupcakes come out of the oven, they should be golden. Push some vegan dark chocolate chips into the top of the cakes.
- For the icing mix the vegan margarine and icing sugar and whisk. It would be easier to use an electric whisk rather than hand held as it will save time. Add the peanut butter and continue to whisk on a slow setting.
- When the cakes are cool you can add the icing and you can either spread it on or pipe it on to give it that professional touch.
- Finally eat and enjoy!