Location & Surroundings
Sheffield is a thriving student city home to two major universities and over 60,000 students. There’s plenty for you to do whether it’s some retail therapy at Meadowhall, catching the latest film at the ODEON or grabbing 241 pizzas at Bloo 88. Living at The Pinnacles means you’ll only be a 10 minute walk away from the train station, a 10 minute walk to Sheffield Hallam University and 25 minute walk to the University of Sheffield. There’s also a refreshed common room as well as a brand spanking new gym to keep you fit without even having to move off site – plus membership is included in your weekly rent! If you want a break from city life then jump on a bus and head to the Peak District where you’ll find yourself immersed in beautiful countryside, or if you’re not fancying venturing too far then have a quiet walk in the Botanical Gardens or Endcliffe Park. Also be sure not to miss out on Sheffield’s biggest music event – Tramlines – taking place in July every year! Distance from The Pinnacles: Nandos – 12 minute walk Train Station – 7 minute walk ODEON – 10 minute walk Tesco Extra – 10 minute walk
Did you know?
- Sheffield is in the centre of the UK making it super easy to get anywhere you desire
- Sheffield Hallam University has an automatic discount for international students for full-time courses for £1,000
- Sheffield was voted in the top 10 cheapest cities to live in the UK (2017 Natwest Student Living Index)
- The UK Peace Index found Sheffield to be the safest major city from 2003 to 2012
- Overall student satisfaction is 85%
- 241 pizzas at BLOO 88 all day, every day
- Head to Leopold Square for fancy cocktails
- Have breakfast at The Grind Café at Kelham Island – we recommend the baked eggs!
- If you’re into films then look out for the Sheff Doc Fest running every year
- Be sure to brush up on your Yorkshire dialect