Favourite Student Recipes
Leaving home for the first time means cooking for yourself as well, and while there are a lot of flavours of pot noodle out their sometimes it can be good to make a home cooked meal. These are our favourite easy recipes to make as a first time cook.
- Spaghetti Bolognese is easy to make and perfect for batch cooking, you can cook a lot and put some in the freezer, then re heat with some garlic bread and cheese! You can also use Quorn mince, or turkey, or beef depending on what you like! Here is a great recipe for Spag Bol: https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/spaghetti-bolognese-1
- If you have mince left over from your Bolognese, Chilli is another great recipe to use it up in you can add as much or as little spice as you want and you can have it with loads of things- rice, jacket potatoes, in wraps like burritos or over tortilla chips as nachos. It is also another perfect recipe for freezing. Here is a super easy Chilli recipe: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chilli-con-carne-with-red-peppers.html
- Pasta bake is great comfort food and is also perfect if you are cooking for your whole flat! Here is a yummy Bacon and Cheese Pasta Bake but you can put pretty much anything into a pasta bake: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24080/tomato-and-bacon-pasta-bake/
- There are so many different types and flavours of curry, that it would be a hard meal to get bored of. Here is a firm favourite- Tikka Masala recipe: https://damndelicious.net/2019/02/08/easy-chicken-tikka-masala/
- Fajitas are a fun recipe for when you have friends over, it is super easy to make but is yummy, add some cheese and sour cream to serve! https://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Easy-Chicken-Fajitas-5485
So go ahead and try some of these amazing recipes today. Oh and be sure to send some pictures to our social media if you loved these perfect student recipes!