Soup might be one of the most underrated meals out there, super easy to make and has that filling, comforting quality. We’re here to show you some comforting soups to help you this winter.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 2 mild red chillies
- Vegetable stock cube
- Preheat oven to 180˚c. Cut the butternut squash into square pieces and roast and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the squash for 30 minutes untill it becomes soft.
- Whilst the squash is roasting, melt the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Add the thin slices of garlic and 2 deseeded red chillies.
- Cover the saucepan and cook on a low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven and put into the sauce pan with 850ml of water and a vegetable stock cube.
- Blend all the ingredients together until the viscosity is smooth. Serve up hot and enjoy your soup!
Chicken noodle soup
- Chicken breast
- 900ml of water
- Vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 50g of wheat or rice noodles
- 2 spring onions (shredded)
- Basil leaves & shredded chilli
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2/3 mushrooms
- Pour 900ml of water in a pan with the vegetable/chicken stock cube. Mix in the chicken breast and the finely chopped garlic.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cover. When the mixture is brought to a boil turn the temp down to allow the mixture to simmer. Make sure the chicken is tender before moving on to the next step.
- With 2 forks shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Return the chicken to the mixture and add 2/3 chopped mushrooms, 2 shredded spring onions, the wheat/rice noodles and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with basil leaves. Finally, you can enjoy your oriental noodle soup.
Carrot and coriander soup
- Chop one onion
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 potato (chopped)
- 450g of carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1.2L of chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of coriander
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Fry the chopped onions until they are soft.
- Add the chopped potato and the coriander and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and 1.2L of stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the temp and allow to simmer.
- Cover the mixture and allow the carrots to become tender through cooking. It should take roughly about 20 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredient together until the mixture is smooth in viscosity. Then serve into bowls and enjoy!