Chocolate and almond is one of the most underrated sweet treat com binations
Vanilla & Almond Hot Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 teaspoon heaps of Cadburys Hot Chocolate powder
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- Half cup of milk
- Half cup of water
- Miniature marshmallows (for garnish)
In a saucepan add the sugar, chocolate powder, water and milk and leave on a medium heat. Stir the mixture until the ingredients have dissolved. Let the liquid heat up and start to bubble then take off the heat. Stir in the almond and vanilla extract. Finally serve up with some miniature marshmallows and enjoy.
Coconut Almond Chocolate Balls
- 2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup of mashed potato (mashed with either butter or milk)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 24 unblanched toasted almonds
- 1 packet of baking chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of butter
In a mixing bowl add together the coconut, mashed potatoes and vanilla extract. Mix together and start to beat the sugar in gradually. Place cling film over the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour so it is ready to mould.
Use the sugar to dust your hands before moulding. Shape 24 flattened ovals with the mixture and then wrap around an individual almond. Once it is mould it into a ball and set aside on a grease proof lining paper. Freeze for 30 mins so they are solid
Boil water in a saucepan and use a mixing bowl to sit onto of the pan to melt your chocolate. Open your chocolate chips into the bowl and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
Use a fork to dip the balls into the melted chocolate and place back onto the grease proof paper. Place back into the fridge until the chocolate has set around the mixture.
Finally take out the chocolate covered almond balls and enjoy!