Satay Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (smooth)
- 500g of sweet potato (cut into chunks)
- 400ml canned coconut milk
- 200g of spinach
- Cooked rice
- On a medium heat melt some coconut oil in a saucepan and begin to fry the onions. After frying in the pan for 5 minutes add the grated garlic. Cook for a further one minute until the scent becomes potent.
- Next mix in the Thai red curry paste, the peanut butter and the sweet potato. Once those ingredients have cooked you can add the coconut milk and 200ml of water.
- Bring to a boil then turn the temperature down, cover the curry mixture and leave to cook & simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Before lifting out, add the spinach and leave to cook for a further minute. Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy your vegan sweet potato curry!
Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 ripe avocado
- Tbsp (1) of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 sweet potatoes (spiralised into thin noodles)
- 2 eggs
- First you need to smash the avocado with a fork leaving some chunky pieces. Drizzle the oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Fry the onions for 5 minutes until they soft and browned, then add in the sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper. Cook what is in the pan for 10-15 minutes until the sweet potato has gone soft and crispy at the edges.
- Make 2 spaces in the pan to crack and add the eggs in. Cook the eggs in the pan until the whites have cooked and the yolk is runny.
- Finally add the avocado on top, serve and enjoy your scrummy sweet potato hash.
Sweet potato fries
- 3 sweet potatoes (chopped into fries)
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- This is an easy recipe. Line your baking tray so the fries don’t stick to the tray. Preheat the oven to 180˚.
- Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking tray and drizzle oil, salt and pepper onto before baking.
- Final step is to place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, then bon appetite!
None of these recipes appeal to you don’t worry there are loads more ways to make them, check out all these recipes from bon appetit