Ways to Cook Sweet Potato
Satay Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (smooth)
- 500g of sweet potato (cut into chunks)
- 400ml canned coconut milk
- 200g of spinach
- Cooked rice
- On a medium heat melt some coconut oil in a saucepan and begin to fry the onions. After frying in the pan for 5 minutes add the grated garlic. Cook for a further one minute until the scent becomes potent.
- Next mix in the Thai red curry paste, the peanut butter and the sweet potato. Once those ingredients have cooked you can add the coconut milk and 200ml of water.
- Bring to a boil then turn the temperature down, cover the curry mixture and leave to cook & simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Before lifting out, add the spinach and leave to cook for a further minute. Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy your vegan sweet potato curry!
Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 sweet potatoes (spiralised into thin noodles)
- 2 eggs
- First you need to smash the avocado with a fork leaving some chunky pieces. Drizzle the oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Fry the onions for 5 minutes until they soft and browned, then add in the sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper. Cook what is in the pan for 10-15 minutes until the sweet potato has gone soft and crispy at the edges.
- Make 2 spaces in the pan to crack and add the eggs in. Cook the eggs in the pan until the whites have cooked and the yolk is runny.
- Finally add the avocado on top, serve and enjoy your scrummy sweet potato hash.
Sweet potato fries
- 3 sweet potatoes (chopped into fries)
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- This is an easy recipe. Line your baking tray so the fries don’t stick to the tray. Preheat the oven to 180˚.
- Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking tray and drizzle oil, salt and pepper onto before baking.
- Final step is to place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, then bon appetite!