The University of Huddersfield offers a fantastic student vibe with approx. 20,000 students. The University is across the road from the town centre meaning that any long gaps between lectures are easily filled with a trip to Wetherspoons, Kingsgate Shopping Centre or any of the student café and bars that paint the town.
If you’re looking for student accommodation in Huddersfield that’s a bit different to private halls but you’re not quite ready to deal with the faff that comes with living in a private house then Ashenhurst Houses is the place for you. Ashenhurst Houses is large enough to make new friends but small enough to see a friendly face. It’s a cosy student house that accommodates between 6-8 people with a shared kitchen and bathroom – just like the usual house style living. The best thing about living at Ashenhurst is that you don’t need to worry about extra bills added on top of your weekly rent or paying for damages if anything out of your control breaks – we’ll sort it for you.
You also have access to The Venue at Storthes Hall Park which has its own bar, cinema, gaming room, study room and more – as well as the free gym – all of which are just a short bus trip away.
Distance from Ashenhurst Houses:
Train station – 30 minute walk
University of Huddersfield – 20 minute walk
Wetherspoons – 30 minute walk
Lidl – 25 minute walk
Did you know?
- Huddersfield won the first Global Teaching Excellence Award in 2017, awarded by the Higher Education Academy
- The Students’ Union (SU) is led by students for students
- The SU organises a range of events throughout the year including Freshers’ Week, Varsity, and the Give it a Go programme where students can get a one-off taste of the activities on offer.
- Join a society – The University of Huddersfield has over 150 societies including the Quidditch Society, American Football and Musical Theatre
- Pick up a Revs Card – Pick up a card for £3 and get 241 cocktails, 25% off food and much more
- Free cookie at Greggs when you get a £3 meal deal
- Free cheeseburger at McDonalds with a student card when you buy a medium/large meal
- If you’re fancying a healthy lunch head to Prep